CAT5E DIRECT BURIAL FOR OUTDOOR USE:Direct burial cable is used for applications that require the cable to be installed outdoors or directly in ground with or without the use of a conduit. Our cable is made with (LDPE) Jacket to protect it from water, sun lights, dirt, snow and extreme temperatures. Bury directly in the ground or use in conduit.
* Protects against outdoor environmental elements
* Waterblock Tape prevents moisture
* 24 AWG solid bare copper conductors
* OD: 5.6±0.3mm
* Useful sequential footage markings for usage tracking
* 4 Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Cable
* LDPE jacket UV rated for Sunlight Resistant & Direct Burial
* Performance up to 350MHz
* ETL Rated
Cat.5e UTP 24AWG Outdoor direct burial solid cable (Black), 1000ft
Pros of solid wire:
* Less Expensive than stranded wire
*More compact diameter for the same current carrying capability as stranded
* Less likely to fail due to corrosion
Cons of solid wire
* Typically only available in small gauges
* Continuous flexing or vibration will cause the wire to fatigue and break
(Commonly used for in-wall wiring where flexibility is not required)
Pros of stranded wire:
* Very flexible and withstands a greater amount of flexing and vibration
* Easier to rout
Cons of stranded wire:
* Diameter is larger for the same carrying capability as solid
* More costly than solid wire
* More likely to fail due to corrosion from capillary action & a high surface area
CMR: The 'R' in CRM is for 'Riser'. Riser type cables are engineered to prevent the spread of fire from floor to floor and are suitable for vertical shaft applications.
CMP: The 'P' in CMP is for Plenum. Cables meeting type CMP requirements are suitable for installation in ducts and plenums without the use of conduit. These cables are designed for fire resistance and low-smoke and toxin producing characteristics.
CM/CMH/CMG: CM is used for general building wiring such as residential house. CM cables are used in areas where CMP or CMR is not required.